Saturday, March 31, 2007

FINAL FOUR!!!....and I´m in Honduras

Of course, the first time since 1984 that Gtown makes it into the Final Four and I happen to be in the most isolated town on the planet. Figures. Someone please take a shot at Tombs for me.

It´s the end of Week 2 in Cantarranas, site of our field-based training, a town with an evangelical church on every block and no internet. I´m in Tegucigalpa for the day with a fellow trainee and her fam, so I wanted to send a quick blog update to let everyone know I´m still alive and well. My family is very nice, there are four kids my age and a little grandson who is totally unintelligible but adorable nonetheless. There are no kittens, but there are plenty of flea-ridden dogs everywhere, so that makes up for it I suppose. No dogs in my house fortunately-- my house is superclean and the food is superdelicious and filled with carb-infused goodness... there are no fruits to buy in town, so I´ll hopefully get a few while I´m here. I´m in Cantarranas until April 25. Please keep the letters coming, or send me a letter for that matter.... I haven´t gotten mail and I´d love to get one.

That´s all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger dlcurren said...

I'll be glad to send you a short note to let you know that your messages are not being wasted. I'm sitting here in Denver and it snowed yesterday - crazy weather. I'm sure the weather will be great today because I have to go to work. Keep up the good work, later

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home