Friday, July 06, 2007

Packages!!!! and other less important news

Thank you so much to Mom, Steve, Paul Bonilla, Wizbif, Sarah Dorfman, J.P. Urban and Amanda for the wonderful packages and letters. I´ll have you know that the turnaround time for receiving these things varied... Elizabeth´s postcard won the prize for taking the longest to get here, an incredible 3 and a half months! But the time it takes to get here is all well worth it, I promise... it means so much to me to receive all this chocolate and news from home, and of course love. Sendable love.

Well things have been much better since my weeks-long bout with EMPACHO. This is officially indigestion, but according to the many people I´ve talked to (too many people) about empacho, it is so much more. I´ve devoted another entry to the delights of learning cultural morees while being ill. It was an experience, to say the least.

Other than the stomach parasite not much has gone on: last week was my trip to the PC office and to a PC friend´s site near the capital, a cute little tourist town called Ojojona (try saying that five times fast); my host family promises that my house will be ready in the next two weeks, meaning I´ll finally have to start looking for household items such as a bed and a fridge and maybe a kitty cat; I´m preparing a professionalism workshop for the mayor´s office which I am woefully unprepared for, attempting to translate all the workbooks my mom gave me on constructive feedback and frontline leadership... how do I say that??

So things are still moving along. Will write again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home