Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Dog Tigra, Part 3… Canine Romance

Tigra has been in heat lately, which makes her very popular and apt to come across at least a dozen boy dogs throughout the day. It’s really funny walking around the neighborhood with her trotting behind me, and throngs of boy dogs suddenly appearing from nowhere, looking for action. Oftentimes my front porch is the unfortunate rendezvous spot for Tigra and her horny gentleman callers, though I think she’s been making an effort to keep them off the porch. She knows I disapprove.

This was the case on Saturday, while I was walking home and happened upon my little Tigra in the park, obviously having just had a little tryst with a dog with a fungus on his leg. How do I know they were together? Answer: they were STUCK together!!! Now this is a common sight in Honduras, almost as ubiquitous as aluminum-roofed houses or drunks passed out in the street. But the fact that it was Tigra just made me laugh. Oh WHY didn’t I have my camera… it was just classic seeing my little adopted dog in the post-coital awkwardness of being stuck to her little boyfriend dog. I’m sure it will happen again, and when it does I will have my camera ready. Oh those dogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home