Thursday, December 04, 2008

Clausura

Last week was the sixth grade graduation/clausura, which I attended and was invited to sit at the principal table as a GUEST OF HONOR, ooh la la! They called me up, I sat next to the mayor, then I gave out a few diplomas to the students of my English class with the highest grades, and THEN had the class all sing “Head shoulders knees and toes” with me (the song I taught them), and in front of the adoring crowd. I think the song was the high point of the entire graduation, as our performance ended with a roaring applause. It was a ROARING applause! I and my friend were also asked to be godmothers to her two cousins. Now, the godmothers and godfathers of sixth-grade graduations in Honduras are not of the Mario Puzo variety. Really the only thing that being a godmother entails is giving the godkid a gift, taking a picture with them at graduation and going back to their house for dinner and cake. The two kids ended up eating their cake at my house since their house was far away from the center of town and it had no electricity, so my house was apparently a more happening place and more apt for cake eating. It was a good time had by all, overall. Here are a few shots of my dear “godsons.”


Happy day!!!!

Me with the kiddies

Rossy with the kiddies


Exon and Marlon with their fancypants framed diplomas




Kids, looking wiped out




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home