Monday, March 31, 2008

Questions and Answers

A collection of funny, ridiculous, scarily ignorant or amazingly profound questions and statements made by various people in Honduras.

“When a rocket goes into space and those rocket pieces break off, where do they go?”

(when completing an English quiz) “Profe it says here ‘you singular,’ is that like cingular the phone company? Do I put my phone number here?”

“The sign says this is a library, does that mean the books are for sale?”

(pointing at a picture of Barack Obama) “Are there really people who look like him in the States? They don’t all look like you????”

(a Honduran bigshot politician, upon hearing a volunteer retell the Thanksgiving story) “Are you sure you know the Thanksgiving story? Because someone told me that during the Pilgrims’ first winter a flock of turkeys flew into their village and the Pilgrims killed them and ate them.”

(upon looking at a picture of my boyfriend) “Was your boyfriend at the Vatican for the burial of Pope John Paul II? I think I saw him on TV!”

(kids in the municipal library) “Do you have any books on World War 3? The teacher told us to do a report on it.”

Me at the pulpería: Why is that chicken sitting in the box of diapers?
Friend who runs pulpería: (looking at me like I’m an idiot) She’s laying her eggs.

Me: I got my TV fixed.
Neighbor: Ahh, so you can watch the Passion of Christ?

“Marina, you read a lot right? Is it true that if you conceive a baby in the daytime they’ll be born white like you?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home