Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Dog Tigra Part 4: Product of a Canine Romance



Tigra is preggers. I first thought her owners were feeding her better at home, because her ribs didn’t show anymore and she looked more like a normal dog and not a skeletal Honduran dog. Then I was told that she looked pudgier only because she was pregnant. Oh.

I’m a little worried about these puppies. Tigra has had puppies before and she has proven herself to be a pretty bad mother. She didn’t feed them, and actually bit them if they came near her. In the end all the puppies died. I’m trying to keep this next litter from facing the same fate, although honestly I think the only way to ensure their survival would be for me to take them all in. A few kids have come by asking to take a puppy, yet judging from the sickly dogs I see walking around my neighborhood I doubt these kids would be the best of caretakers. But it’s better than letting the puppies starve to death, I suppose. And much better than having me take care of them, which I will not do. So we will see what happens with this next batch of mini-Tigras. In the meantime she is happy as a clam, spending her days following me around, barking at cows, biting her fleas and sleeping for hours and hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home